Don’t be naïve to think that people don’t judge you on your drink order. I mean I’m judging you and let’s face it people have something to say about everyone and everything. I know, I know, judgey woogie was a bear. I don’t really know what the nursery rhyme actually means but it always reminds me about that one Sex and the City episode. Wait, wait, wait where was I going with this? Oh yes. Your drink choice is just like a pair of shoes and no one should be caught dead in something dated or lame. Here’s 5 types of drinks its okay to order when out on the town.
• Vodka tonic – Simple and classic with a bad girl edge. Kate Moss drinks it so you know its cool.
• Vodka Gimlet – Like a vodka tonic but with a sour favor. It’s for those people who complain that vodka tonic taste like nothing (hello that’s the point).
• Pomegranate Martini – The new “it” martini once every loser started drinking cosmopolitans. If you need to drink one, than opt for this one instead of the later.
• Fresquita – Andy Cohen’s new favorite drink. We love everything Andy Cohen does, from his cute jew boy smile to the housewives, WWHL and now his drink choice. If your didn’t know, its just tequila (patron please) and fresca.
• Tom Collins – Vintage and hip.
Of course, every Nooner loves champagne in all courses of life. Its great in the morning, lunch, dinner, post dinner, pregame, dancing on a table, you name it and its great. The same thing goes for Wine. Any type really, I prefer Pinot Grigio but the fact of the matter is that I can slug down anything and that’s the Nooner way.
Also, made to order specialty drinks with flare are great and receive a check plus in our book. We love drinks made with love, mainly because alcohol has had our back since we can remember (well, except for last weekend and then that time last month).
Don’t Dare to Drink These 4 Cocktails
• Shirley Temple – Your not cute or youthful because you drink this, your probably annoying.
• Long Island Ice Tea – I loved LI ice teas when I was in college but it’s embarrassing to order once out. Exception: Long islands are okay to drink on when its summer, during the day.
• Morning Drinks at Night – Its okay to drink a mimosa or bloody mary for brunch but not okay to drink past 5pm. Seriously, they may be good but it just doesn’t make sense.
• Apple Martini – Its dated, too 90s and not in a good way.
*the above drink was well enjoyed at the randolph at broome, nyc.